Want Five great reasons to choose mineral makeup?
1) Mineral makeup is non-comdeogenic, this means it won’t clog pores. Not always, but most of the time when we are wearing makeup it’s to hide, conceal, or cover something like pimples. I highly recommend using a lightweight pressed or loose power, not a concealer, that gives you great coverage but also won’t clog your pores.
2) They’re oil-free, so they generally won’t leave you shiny. Even for those of us with very oily skin and that live in a humid climate, we may need to to a little touch up here and there but it absolutely wears on the skin keeping it looking smoother and “glowing.”
3) Absolutely no parabens, no chemical dyes, or fragrances. This equals better ingredients for those who are conscience about all of the harmful chemicals out there but makes it perfect for sensitive and acne-prone skin. Any time there are so many ingredients added, especially fragrance, they can cause irritation. If you are acne prone, have rosacea, sensitive eyes, lips, or just overall general sensitivities mineral makeup is the obvious choice.
4) Less ingredients=better quality. There are so many additives that can not only cause irritation and breakouts but they are just not necessary. Most of the time they simply add more(cheaper) ingredients to keep them from expiring faster. Yes, sometimes Mineral Makeup can sometimes oxidize(drying out) quicker than some of the other products but as a rule: toss your products 6 months after opening, always completely close your products after using, clean your brushes regularly(with vinegar and water) and never share makeup.
5) Looks and feels great on your skin. Great ingredients such as antioxidants, the hyaluronic acid(moisture booster in most mineral makeup) or a derivative of hyaluronic acid, and SPF added into the ingredients gives the skin a fresh and clean look plus gives it a layer of protection. Because of it being oil-free it also tends to look and feel lighter on your skin.
So choosing mineral makeup and knowing it can actually improve your complexion from fine lines to breakouts has to give you some hope for a better day right? Be sure to find a professional that can color match you and give you some great tips at hiding or accentuating your features. Mineral Makeup has come so far with just as many colors, blends, combinations, and choices from primers, BB to CC, bronzers, tubing mascara, you name it. Let’s not forget, using the best mineral makeup will only improve your complexion so far but also pairing it with the proper cleanser, toner, serum, and sunscreen suited for your skin type and condition is essential. Lastly, please remember to remove your makeup at the end of each day. Want to really have the happiest, healthiest skin ever? Properly and gently clean and moisturize each and every night.